vPilot 3.81 doesn't allow to file a flight plan

I was running on vPilot v3.70 up until now and I was very happy with it. I upgraded to v3.81 and now I can no longer file a flight plane through the program. instead when I press the “Flight Plan” button it opens my web browser to file it on VATSIM page. that is a nuisance as I need to fill all the details from blank and I can’t use the vPilot “vfp” files I generated. also jumping between Chrome and the Sim if I need to do a flight plan change is very annoying…
why the built in app FP filing is no longer available?

is there a way to download the older version (3.70)? I couldn’t find it on the vPilot website.

where can I find the installer of v3.70? I don’t want to use that new feature. it creates more of a mess then help…

xPilot removed the flight plan window and redirected to the VATSIM site 2 years ago. The sky didn’t fall in. It’s not hard to do.

1 Like

there is no benefit by this move only more steps I need to do to file a flight plan. it made things worse. up to now, I export to file, 2 clicks and done. now I need to refill everything on a webpage…
what is wrong with the vpilot calling the API on my behalf and filing the FP as it did until now?
the problem is now if I need to change my FP after it was filed (due to ATC request)

I can no longer do it easily and I will have to force the ATC to change it for me. before it was just 2 clicks and done…

also what happens if my vpilot disconnects after i filed a FP (e.g. during TAXI) and reconnects back again? is my FP still available and valid for the ATC in ES? or i need to refill everything again?

at what stage I need to file the FP on the site? only after I connect to vPilot? or any time before? even before i fireup the Sim?

The benefit is everybody files a full ICAO flight plan which supports new things at the back end.

I repeat, xPilot did this 2 years ago and it did not make anything worse. It’s not hard!

The change was announced well in advance and has been now made. It’s not going backwards. You are not going to change anybody’s mind.

also what happens if my vpilot disconnects after i filed a FP (e.g. during TAXI) and reconnects back again? is my FP still available and valid for the ATC in ES? or i need to refill everything again?

at what stage I need to file the FP on the site? only after I connect to vPilot? or any time before? even before i fire up the Sim?

How do you associate my FP to my SIM session?

No. When you file a flight plan through the VATSIM site it remains valid for 2 hours. You don’t need to file it again.

Before you request clearance, or where there is no ATC before you push back. Once you start moving you can’t refile unless you are stationary for 90 seconds, which also means you can’t change it once airborne.

By your CID and the callsign.

and if my flight is 5 hours long and at my 3rd hour in flight I get disconnected (and reconnected back again)? do I need to refile in mid flight?

can I file it before I connect to the network? (within 2 hours), would the ATC have it for my sim session?

If you reconnect within 2 hours it’s still valid. None of this is hard!

That has always been possible!

Yes. Your flight plan is linked to your CID and callsign. If somebody else connects with the same callsign first, they won’t get your flight plan. In which case edit your existing flight plan with a different callsign, there’s no need to enter it all again.

None of this is hard.

not correct, If I am in mid flight and 2 hours already past since my filing , you know how crazy it is to minimize my SIM and start filling out a form? what happens if I am in a middle of an approach? I can’t fill in a form 12 NM to the RW without pausing the SIM… with the old method it a 2 click and done.

2 clicks from Simbrief. It’s not hard.

The change has been made and it’s not going backwards.

Your flight plan stays in the system as long as you are connected, and for one hour after you disconnect. It has always been this way.