EuroScope v3.2.7

Happy 2024!!
Question about the aircraft performances. What profile is used if the aircraft type is not found in the new Aircraftperformances.txt file? Is it the last one?

thx

E.

my weather data does not load unless it is has been visible in the top right hand corner. I donā€™t use the metar list.

As a result, I have to cycle through the metars in the top righ corner before I get any output in my atisā€™es.

Can this be improved (by loading the metars regardless of their visibility?) This has been an issue for many releases. (Related: Euroscope not pulling METAR - EuroScope - VATSIM Community)

The visible atisā€™s load automatically, and the ATIS output is not blank:

But if I take an atis that is not in this list (or not yet cycled), the atis remains blank (because no metar):

After cycling through the thing, the METAR loads, and the atis can be set:

1. Also, are the chats rendered on the ASRs?

When I change asr and chat window and then return to the previous ASR, the first chat window briefly appears before it gets changed to the latest open one.

Has this changed? Itā€™s kinda distracting :slight_smile:

1. Request:
    Can we have multiline support for pluginā€™s text fields? In Topsky for example, the flightlan is beautifly shown when saved, but in edit mode it can only be shown in a single line which is very hard to work with, especially with longer FPs.

Another problem I had, but couldnā€™t check if it still worked properly on older version is the following:

The CCAMs plugin is throwing me MSSQ error codes on many aircraft with sq 1000 (validly) set. When I reassign the sq using CCAMs, it gives me a sq for non-mode-s aircraft and removes the MSSQ error. If I then reassign again, it sets sq 1000. (without the mssq error)

CCAMs is a popular plugin, so hopefully someone can be confirm or deny that this plugin broke.

1. And lastly,

A month ago, using the r.29 version that I had been using for years, my ES application started flashing extremely hard every time something on the screen (a pixel) changed.

It became unusable (remember, I used this version for years). Then the new releases came out so I tried to update but the issue remained.

I tried controlling again today and to my surprise the issue dissapeared and I did not have any issues ā€¦ until the clock struck 9pm - and I got the screenflashes again.

At 9pm my windows night light (blue light filter) activates. When I turned it off the issue was resolved and the screen stopped flashing. This must be a bug introduced by a windows update.

==> There is a bug that causes ES to flash on screen renders when using the windowsā€™ night light. I am running W11 Pro v10.0.22631

Honestly, this can be a dangerous bug to anyone with epilepsy.

Any other reports on this?

I suggest to move this discussion into a separate topic. As the developer of this plugin, Iā€™m interested in learning more about this observation and if there are differences between the ES versions used. If you have any more details, please post them at Issues Ā· kusterjs/CCAMS Ā· GitHub. We can also be in touch via Discord for further details.

Some issues when running a sweatbox session that came up some days ago:

• Handoffs to simulated stations did not work: I was not able to assume these aircraft and the auto function did not work either.
  • I was overwriting the cleared level/altitude of the trainee (traffic was assumed by him) when issuing vertical clearances as the pilot.
  • With the older versions a level/altitude set in the tag by the controller was preselected for me as the pilot, thus I did not have to scroll to the correct one. Now this is no longer the case and I have to first scroll in order to select the right level, making it prone to errors and reducing my capacity in busy exercises.
  • When trying to save the recording at the end I was not able to do so, as it always asked for a folder to be opened.

The sweatbox itself worked fine, behaviour of aircraft was as expected.

1 Like

Hi again,
It looks like the new aircraft performance file is not automatically loaded at the start of EuroScope.
I have to load it manually every time afetr start to have the new profiles usable.

E.

I observed DUPE flags for individual flights where I couldnā€™t find a second aircraft with the same squawk. Iā€™ve use a plugin to create a list of all RadarTarget instances and checked all used and assigned squawks, but the code used by the aircraft was not found a second time.
Are there any other squawks ES considers for the DUPE check? Like from simulated targets?

This might be of interest for other, too. We further investigated on this issue. It seems to be related to the equipment code handling. It could be related to the TopSky plugin (or better issues associated with it), as discussed in New ES 3.2.3 ICAO Equipment format - Plugins - VATSIM Scandinavia. Whether the underlying issue is originating from ES or a plugin, or a combination of plugins, I cannot say at this time.

Thank you for all the notes. I will try to look at them this week-end.

2 Likes

1/ As a feature request, any chance we could have hierarchic sorting in lists, so weā€™d be able to set something as the primary and something else as secondary sorting items?

One of our plugins allows that already, so I can left click on any list item for primary sorting, and then right click on another for secondary sorting. Itā€™s extremely useful once the lists start getting more populated, especially while doing topdown control.

For example, in the screenshot below, I have ATYP set as primary (marked with the small dot), and ETD as secondary. (unmarked)

2/ Thereā€™s an issue with the datablock colours since at least r26, or my understanding of the settings is wrong.

With the Coloring settings as below, I would expect the Final altitude (PFL) tag to be one colour for ODD altitudes, and another colour for EVEN altitudes. Unfortunately, that didnā€™t really work as expected, so I did some testing and found that it does not look at the Final altitude, but rather at the Temporary altitude (CFL) to define the colour.

In my example below, EVEN PFL should be blue, ODD PFL should be amber. If CFL is different to this logic, PFL is coloured incorrectly. (see text annotations)

Hi Gergely,

It appears simulated controllers in sweatbox scenarios no longer appear in the handoff popup to allow assuming and handing off from a simulated controller.

This is a before:

Now there only seems to be the ā€˜Transfer simulation, Assume, and Uncorrelateā€™ options and the checkbox for the simulated controller doesnā€™t remain checked in the Simulator (training) dialog, as they used to (the simulated controllers are however displayed in the controller list).

Thanks for your hard work!

Hi Gergely,

for reference, using the latest UK controller pack, available on the VATSIM UK forums.

TopSky map elements after around 30 minutes seem to get stuck and are drawn on every panning movement. This creates the image as seen below.

I then unloaded TopSky, but the drawn elements remain. In this ES instance, with TopSky unloaded, when panning with right mouse click, the screen moves back to the original position.

Apologies, I didnā€™t run as admin, so I didnā€™t get any logs. Iā€™m trying to recreate now to get you something to work with.

Gergely,

I know that feature requests are not priority right now, but could you consider, for the future, to implement scroll wheel click action (or ability to configure any other input) as an additional TAG action button? Would greatly enhance people with Topsky setups

2 Likes

If unable to figure out anything else, ES uses the ā€˜ZZZZā€™ type as default. You can override it from the file.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm this? I have no problem loading any METAR to the ATIS list:

Can anyone confirm this? I have no flashing at all even on extreme night settings:

I checked the duplicated flag:

• It never shows for VFR and S-mode code.
  • It tests all the available radar targets actual code
  • It tests all the non simulated flight plans assigned code

If you happen to have a LOG I would test it.

Sorry for perhaps being unclear but

1. You have to start euroscope with the METARS list closed:
  2. And on startup, load more METARs than fit in the green bar

All metars that are visible (EBBR EBAW ELLX EHBK EBOS) will load normally, and an ATIS can be set immediately. Those that are not visible are not loaded (if you cycle through the list by right clicking you can see it says ā€œloadingā€ the first time it becomes visible), and as a result and ATIS cannot be set straight away.

Regarding the screen flashing issue, when I reproted it within our vACC there was one other person who had the same issue:

Iā€™d like to stress that this is not an issue with the latest version of ES. It is probably caused by Ģ¶aĢ¶ Ģ¶wĢ¶iĢ¶nĢ¶dĢ¶oĢ¶wĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶vĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶sĢ¶iĢ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶/Ģ¶uĢ¶pĢ¶dĢ¶aĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶ HDR. The intensity does not matter afaik.

I was just playing with the nightlight and found a few clues:

• You can force the flashing by adjusting the sliders
  • I noticed it was only flashing on one of my monitors, namely the one with HDR enabled
  • When I disabled HDR on said monitor, the flashing was gone

I made a small video: es flashing (youtube.com)
On the left the HDR display, on the right a non-HDR - both have ES open.
In the beginning im adjusting the intensity slider to force the flashing. At 0.33 I turn off HDR in windows and go back to the slider after which there is no more flashing.

I would agree this might be a niche (and low priority) issue.

Hi Gergely and everyone else,

After using r.29 and r.33 for the past time, Iā€™ve finally updated my ES version to the latest version: v3.2.7. However, Iā€™ve encountered quite a serious problem which makes controlling almost impossibleā€¦ Every time I switch between .asr files in ES the screen lags enormously. Furthermore, I see every aircraft teleporting from their previous position (the last moment I had the asr open), to their new position (as soon as I reopen the asr). It feels like the rendering is much slower than on the older versions.

I also have had some problems with the ATISses. When disconnecting from VATSIM, the ATIS disconnects from the network as it should, but the connect button in ES stays gray. When I reconnected to the network I was thus unable to reconnect the ATIS using the same ATIS Dialog, even after pressing disconnect for multiple times.

Perhaps someone is able to help me out!

Best regards,

Jan Willem Oomes