vACDM/VDGS API for 3rd party

Hi,
since we’ve got brilliant ideas and addons out these days with nicely integrated simbrief connections, I got the idea, why vatsim controllers are not able to send off-block time, SID or other data on the pilots VDGS-display like GSX or Aerosoft is actually already doing with simbrief or self-inserted data.

I asked the devs about this here:
VATSIM Integration/Interaction - Feature Requests - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES
GSX availability for 3rd party plugins (fsdreamteam.com)

Is there something Aerosoft (and maybe GSX) could use already?
From my basic-coding knowledge, it shouldn’t be that difficult. GSX for example already gets information for the displays from simbrief. And the vACDM what VATGER uses, could provide this data also. But I think it makes sense to centralize it.

Just wanted to discuss it here.

Regards
Timm Rehberg

4 Likes

It seems that Aerosoft (and probably others) are ready to implement this kind of API to VATSIM or other networks as soon as there is a general standard.

Just a wild imagination,

what if we controllers could dispatch select stand and pilots automatically get gsx marshals on the gate…

1 Like

I’m not a software developer…but it would be nice for VATSIM leadership to push for more functionality and data to be transmitted via the pilot client, for this and many other features. Everything remains mostly as its been for years…no way to get engine volume, weird pushback nose-up business, among other things. MSFS2020 brought us into the future, so I’ll dream of the future of pilot and controller clients.

1 Like

There are plenty of ideas:

• Imagine GSX would implement Follow-me pick-up points at airports to be defined. Because follow-me’s mostly wait at the apron entrance or somewhere specific to pick up planes.
    Imagine you could control as a Tower to activate a GSX-follow-me car for a specific plane “Taxi via November, then follow the follow-me”.

• Imagine GSX/MSFS would have a kind of possibility to enable also simple .bgl file: you create a scenery file with only taxi lights (bright) on a straight line and this will be activated during fog operations. So once you activate your stand, it will also load the bright lights line on top of the taxi line and as a controller you could say “Taxi via November to Gate 221, follow the greens”.

• Imagine GSX would have a possibility to read text from a central VATSIM system which then is being controlled by ATC. So the cleared SID and Planned Offblock time will be shown on the VDGS display. Explained above^^

1 Like