The South American Division of VATSIM (VATSUR) is looking for qualified and motivated individuals to apply for the position of Director of the VATSUR ATO (Chief Flight Instructor). The individual appointed to the position will be the main contact between the VATSIM’s Pilot Training Department and VATSUR, they will also lead the efforts to continue improving the VATSUR Authorized Training Organization and meet all the goals set by the division.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the divisional ATO dashboard.
- Process the rating changes of the students.
- Manage the divisional ATO instructors.
- Prepare and improve the study material for each Pilot Rating.
- Prepare and improve the questions for the different ratings.
- Report to the division director.
- Prepare a quarterly report about the ATO activities.
- Prepare for the VATSIM audits.
- Be active in the VATSUR Discord.
- Be available and participate in the different divisional meetings.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a pilot rating of at least Instrument Rating (P2).
- Have real world flying experience (this is desirable, but not required).
- Have a controller rating (this is desirable, but not required).
- Have considerable availability to comply with all the duties of the position.
- Be proactive and motivated.
- Be able to speak, read, listen and write in Spanish fluently.
- Be in good standing with VATSIM and VATSUR.
All applications should be emailed to the VATSUR Division Director at email@example.com. Applications will be received until Tuesday, June 20th, 2023, at 2359z. All applications received outside of that timeframe won’t be taken into consideration. Applicants should submit, at the minimum, their VATSIM CID, full name, résumé, pilot and controller ratings and relevant experience. All applicants will be contacted to be informed of the outcome of their application.
Should you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please email the VATSUR Division Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all!