If you are passionate about mentoring and instructing aspiring air traffic controllers, this position is ideal for you! Join us in shaping the future of air traffic control training in VATSIM Saudi Arabia.
VATSIM Saudi Arabia is now seeking candidates for the following position:
Saudi Arabian vACC Deputy Director of ATS (Air Traffic Services) Department – ACCSA31
The role of the Saudi Arabian vACC ATS Deputy Director entails assisting the department director in overseeing the ATS Department and ensuring the maintenance of the necessary ATC standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of ATC training within the vACC.
- Ensuring adherence to training standards set by VATSIM, the vACC, and the division.
- Developing and maintaining operational materials, training guidelines, and policies for ATC training, in compliance with the VATSIM Global Rating Policy.
- Managing a team of mentors and instructors, including appointing mentors in liaison with the Department Director.
- Performing other duties assigned by the vACC ATC Department Director and the vACC Director.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of subdivisional, divisional and VATSIM Policies, including the Global Rating Policy and ATC Training policy.
- Good knowledge of ATC training procedures and practices.
- Previous experience as a mentor or instructor is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English.
- Active and in good standing with VATSIM.
- Hold a minimum rating of Student 3 (S3) for at least 6 months (training for/or interested in C1).
- Membership in VATSIM Middle East and North Africa Division & Saudi Arabia vACC, or willing to transfer if selected.
- Availability to dedicate a minimum of 7 hours per week to ATC training activities.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Able to commit to the position for a minimum of 6 months.
Reports Directly To:
- Director - Saudi Arabia vACC [ACCSA1]
- Director ATS Deparment - Saudi Arabia vACC [ACCSA3]
To apply for the position, please provide the following information:
- Name, VATSIM CID, vACC/Division/ARTCC, and Email Address.
- VATSIM CV outlining your past and current experience, including any staff roles, relevant skills, and real-world attributes that may contribute to the position.
- Letter of intent detailing your motivation to become the future vACC ATC Training Director. Include your plans for the training department, any innovative ideas or suggestions to enhance the vACC’s training program, and your vision for the future of air traffic control training in Saudi Arabia.
Please submit your application, including the above information and documents, to email@example.com. Applications are open until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications either received after the submission date or applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Candidates will also be contacted for an interview during the selection process.