Applications are now open for the Middle East and North Africa Division Director position.
The Division Director is responsible for online activity growth, ATC provisioning, and ATC training within their division. The duties listed below are intended for further delegation, in part, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the Division Director.
A Division Director is expected to be able to commit to at least 2 years in the role and should take this into consideration before applying.
**REPORTS TO: **VATSIM Vice President - EMEA, VATGOV4
**RESPONSIBLE FOR: **Management of the VATMENA Division, including but not limited to, the following duties:
- Providing strong leadership, direction and vision to Division staff
- Monitoring, reviewing, and enhancing all existing Division programs, including training and membership
- Inviting applications and appointing qualified personnel to fill vacant staff positions
- Maintaining and improving the infrastructure of the Division, including the website and social media
- Regularly reviewing ATC progression and ensuring that upgrade recommendations for qualified candidates are acted on promptly
- Ensuring that an online presence of ATC is maintained which encourages maximum coverage
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with Virtual Airlines
- Ensuring that events are arranged regularly, both within the Division and in cooperation with adjacent Divisions and Regions
- Compiling quarterly reports to the VP - EMEA Region and attending regional meetings as scheduled
- Other tasks and projects assigned by the VP - EMEA
**MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: ** The successful applicant will meet the following minimum standards:
- Have FIR or Divisional leadership experience
- Possess a familiarity with ATC operations and regulations
- Possess a familiarity with pilot operations and programs
- A commitment to maintain a robust online presence throughout their appointment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally through various mediums to people of different experience levels and cultures
- Have excellent knowledge of the VATSIM Code of Conduct, Code of Regulations, Global Ratings Policy, and Transfer and Visiting Controller Policy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Please email your CV including relevant real-world experience, elements of your VATSIM history, including any staff positions and a cover letter to vpemea[at][vatsim.net ]
Applications will be accepted until 2359Z on Sunday, July 16, 2023, 2359z. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.