VATSIM West Asia Division is seeking potential candidates for the following position Director ATC Training VATWA3
Note: This is a key position, appointed candidate is expected to fulfil the position stated above for a minimum of 2 years from the time of appointment.
The following duties are a summarized description of the position which may be limited to the following.
- Maintains all divisional training content, monitors audits and assist Subdivisions training content.
- Maintains relevant training policies and review Subdivisions training polices to ensure ATC Standards are met with highest standards and supports divisional growth.
- Liaisons with the Division Operations Department head VATWA2 on operational content for training purposes.
- Issues and approves upgrades to members within VATWA Division upon recommendation from the Subdivision’s Director / ATC Training Director.
- Evaluates and appoints Subdivisional Instructors (based on Subdivision’s recommendations), send recommendation to Division Director VATWA1 for Divisional Instructors and Examiners, to fulfil training demand.
- Provides continuous support to VATWA Members via various communication platforms (Discord / Email / HQ support tickets) and online Network support.
- Pursuer training related issues like training delays, member exclusion, misuse of authority and other conflict.
- Maintains a strong online presence on the VATSIM Network.
Requirements & Essential Criteria
- Demonstrates a great knowledge and understanding of Divisional policies, VATSIM policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Has good communication skills, ability to speak and write in English.
- Demonstrates an understanding of problem solving.
- Is approachable and able to assist membership training inquiries in the Division.
- Is in good standing with VATSIM and have no major suspensions or suspension involving questionable morals or integrity.
- Ideal rating is C1 for the position, and able to pursue further for INS rating.
- Must already be a mentor or Instructor within a training department or have had previous training experience within a training department. In case of existing VATWA member, should have all the training records in VATWA HQ.
- Current or previous staff roles or other related experience of managerial management aspects are desirable but not mandatory.
- Must be a member of VATSIM West Asia Division or is willing to transfer if selected.
- Able to spend a minimum of 5 hours or greater on a weekly basis towards the training department.
- Able to hold Controller Practical Test (CPT) within Division, whenever demand arise as Examiner.
Reports Directly To
- Division Director VATWA1
Candidates shall include
Candidates shall include the following information and present a CV based document upon applying.
- Name, CID, Subdivision/Division/ARTCC and valid Email Address.
- VATSIM CV detailing past experience, current experience such as staff roles, skills and any real world attributes that may help in the role.
- Letter of intention detailing why you want to be the future Director ATC Training for the Division, your plans for the position, any ideas you might have or suggestions that could benefit the Division and the ATC Training Department.
Candidates shall send their CV based application to director[at]vatwa.net and deputy[at]vatwa.net, vacancy is opened until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received incomplete will not be considered. Short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview on VATWA discord server after the application closure notification.