Unable to open Vpilot

I am new to VATSIM and want to use it when I use MSFS. To use it I understand I must download Vpilot. I am able to download Vpilot just fine, but when I try to open it, I get an error message. I am aware there are warnings saying Vpilot could be malicious, and I am not talking about that. I get an error message saying that I am unable to open the file. I am wondering now if it is a problem because I use an Apple laptop. Must I have a windows computer in order to use Vpilot and by extention, VATSIM? If I can open Vpilot on an Apple laptop, can you tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix this issue?

Well, right in the documentation Documentation - vPilot - Pilot Client for VATSIM it says

System Requirements

• Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10

My understanding is that it works on Windows 11 also.

If people have gotten it to work, it’s probably by using an emulator. I don’t have a Mac, so am not familiar enough to give you suggestions. I’ve heard of something called Wine or Parallels before; not sure if either of those is a potential solution. Maybe do a forum search if you haven’t tried that already.

Perhaps if others have figured out how to make it work, they might chip in.

Good luck!

1 Like