Time acceleration should not be allowed when there is no atc

imo, time accelleration should not be allowed on the network. if you absolutely must, just disconnect. reconnect when you are at normal speed. seeing a320 neos cruising by at 2000kts on my tcas is annoying.

Did the pilot in question cross your flight path and cause a separation issue? If not, then it is permissible. If you donā€™t enjoy the effect of this being ā€œunrealisticā€, close your eyes :slight_smile: I do so, too, when some members overdo it in terms of realism :slight_smile:

It can be seen from two perspectives, letā€™s be a bit more tolerant.

3 Likes

I can see one issue with using Time Acceleration. Say youā€™ve filed an IFR flight plan with a block time of 2 hours, and your destination airport is untowered when you take off. You to to 2x or 4x speed to save some time on cruise. At some point, a Center/Approach/Tower comes online that covers your destination. Your flight plan block time said one thing, but now youā€™re arriving much sooner. I can see that being a theoretical issue for spacing/separation when entering a busy airspace.

Thoughts?

This does not really apply, since VATSIM does not pre-plan arrival slots etcā€¦

2 Likes

if youre going 4x or 8x you arent intending on interacting with traffic. so why be connected to an online traffic network?

1 Like

Tolerance is a virtue. Iā€™m reading from you the issue is that they shouldnā€™t be doing it.

If its mid air collisions, I would disagree that it has anything to do with time acceleration. There are sooo many other things that impact mid air annoyance, and Iā€™d suggest that speed doubling etc isnā€™t one of them.

Several times Iā€™ve had another aircraft fly through me whilst enroute because they are possibly at the wrong altitude or wrong altimeter setting. I used to worry, but no longer, I just continue on my way with nothing, not even a scratch in the paint work.

Reasons for doubling speed etc, I often have a commitment that has eventuated and my day that Iā€™d planned needs more hours in it.

I agree it is always good to raise things that annoy us, because that way we get a feel for what members want.

1 Like
  • B9 A pilot operating their simulator using acceleration/deceleration functions must continuously monitor their connection, and ensure that they do not cause disruptions to other account holders. If operating in actively controlled airspace, the pilot must have the express permission of the controller to operate using time acceleration/deceleration, and if a controller requests a pilot to return to ā€˜normal simulation rateā€™, the pilot shall immediately comply.

Itā€™s not rocket science.

1 Like

then just disconnect and fly offline until you are ready to go back to 1x, then reconnect and continue. why stay connected to the network when you arenā€™t interacting with anything on the network.

iā€™m not trying to make a huge issue out of it its just a minor annoyance i noticed yesterday. i will be actually annoyed if i start getting tcas RAā€™s from them.

1 Like

Then these people are in violation of CoC B9 and you can wallop them. But as long as they donā€™t cause any problems to anyoneā€¦ :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

They are supposed to still interact. Flying with activated time acceleration does NOT mean that pilots can step away from their computers. They are supposed to monitor their flight path and react accordingly when other traffic is at the same altitude/flightlevel. As David wrote: if they cause a conflict, wallop them or take a screenshot and send it to the Supervisor department to deal with it.

Otherwise I do not have any issues with fellow members who are under time constraints and would like to shorten the boring enroute-bit of their flights.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, the issue now isnā€™t the speed of the aircraft it is they are not attended connections???

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how you read into my response that I wasnā€™t attending my connection. I allude to the fact that the faster I go the more attention I need to pay. :slight_smile:

1 Like