Strange Issue with Honeycomb Bravo and Vatsim Comms

I haven’t been on Vtsim for a few months now (haven’t had much time for it)… but I went to do that today… and I am having issues with the comms. I updated the vPilot program and was going through it to make sure the configurations were still good, and this is where I ran into the comms issue. It showed I didn’t have a hot button set up, but when I tried to do so, no matter what I tried to use, it kept showing a button on my Bravo is the active one… so I would clear it and try to set it to a different keyboard key… and it would show a different Bravo button than the pervious one was the active comm button… any ideas how to solve this???

I haven’t used vPilot in so long I am not real familiar with it anymore…

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo use continuous signals for their switches (unlike most other hardware which uses one-time signals), so it’s rather hard to set keybinds with them as you have to be really quick. You can increase your chances of being quick enough by only having the Alpha (presuming you want the button on the back of the left yoke handle or any other button on the Alpha as a PTT) connected to your PC while trying to set the PTT, but even then it might take you a couple of tries.

Thanks… That does make a lot of sense!!!

Even if I can get the mapping into vpilot form the Alpha, it results in a stuck / open mic. I gave up on it years ago. Any workaround you know of?

If you use a button (e.g. the button on the back of the left yoke handle, which is what I use), that shouldn’t cause any issues. The only thing I can think of right now would be that maybe you weren’t quick enough and one of the switches was assigned instead of the desired button without you noticing - and since the switch transmits a continues signal to your PC, it would result in a permanently stuck mic.

Ok… so I got it to accept a button on the Alpha…

So now the issue I have is that for the microphone device… it only gives me one option… and it isn’t my headset…

for my out put device I only have these options…

My computer is set up for using a headset and mic…

Soooooooo… what do I need to configue everything?? The headset and mic work fine in DCS!!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.