Saturation of internal memory using xPilot and CTD

since recently using xPilot with XP11 , windows 10, I have problems
at the beginning of the flight everything goes right. But after a certain time of flights , controllers say I am unreadable, so I disconnect xpilot and reconnect, some time it works again but some times I need to unplug / replug my USB headset and then it is OK
but after a moment I see my FPS drop drastically (from 80/100 down to less than 20) , my internal memory (32GB) gets saturated 95% to 99% (task manager /performance)and I end up with CTD. It is the internal memory which gets saturated , not the video card memory (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER) which has no problem (use 20 to 30%)
can somebody help ?
thanks

Hello Sir,
Its the first time that i hear a this problem, btw I would like to try to help you,but, before, can you say me in which Disk you have it? And also if you have made all the Audio-Check in the xpilot setting window.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

thanks for your reply
I have a SSD 2TB , I do not know why this question ?
my internal memory (32GB) gets saturated 95% to 99% (task manager /performance)and I end up with CTD. It is the internal memory which gets saturated , not the video card memory (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER) which has no problem (use 20 to 30%)
yes I think I have made all the audio check
at the beginning of the flight everything is ok
the internal memory gets saturated after 45mn to 1 hour
it happens only with VATSIM xPilot

Roger, then, for you is okay to try to re-install the Xpilot ?
And after that notify me if all will be okay or not :slight_smile:

Hello
Thanks
I am in contact with xPilot support on Discord
Let see If they can help.

1 Like

Hello
Unchecking contrails seems to have solved the problem
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for following up and sharing your solution. :slightly_smiling_face:

For others that might have this issue, the contrails option is located within the xPilot plugin settings. There is a sub-menu just for contrails.

Hello Sir,
Roger and thank you for sharing your solution with us
Hope to have help you
Alex :slight_smile: