Quick question for controllers regarding DCT

Quick quetsion:

Does your controller software filter out the DCT between waypoints? Some of the planning software includes it and for years I’ve been filtering it out manually. If it changes nothing on your side, I won’t bother. If it’s a pain, I’ll continue taking them out.

EAONE SPA WAMUR BLUEJ RRSIN THEOO OTT
EAONE DCT SPA DCT WAMUR DCT BLUEJ DCT RRSIN DCT THEOO DCT OTT

BD

Speaking as a user of EuroScope, yes it does, and I do expect a FPL to have the DCT between points :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Radar clients used by US controllers do not filter out the DCT and I always appreciate the user who takes it out of their FP before submitting. It’s not a big deal but it does eat up a lot of strip/screen real estate plus it’s superfluous because it’s pretty easy to tell whether the plan is to follow an airway or proceed direct between two fixes.

I feel like the last few times I’ve used SimBrief for planning and for pre-filing on VATSIM, either it, or VATSIM’s FP page, filters out DCT in the route field. Most flight plans I see when I’m controlling no longer have DCT in them.

Once vNAS and CRC are out, this won’t be an issue for US controllers anymore. The vNAS server will strip DCT out automatically, along with step climb info and all the extra stuff in the remarks field. (The step climb info and remarks data are retained so that they can be re-inserted if the US controller amends the flight plan and sends it back to the FSD network.)