Possible to see when flight plan is filed

Would it be possible to somehow show in vPilot whether or not a flight plan has been filed?

Several times now I have filed via the VATSIM website where it isn’t actually filed, so I had to do it via vPilot instead - but often after realizing too late that it didn’t go through. So it would be really helpful if vPilot could somehow show like the departure/arrival airport when a flight plan is on file.

1 Like

There’s no way for vPilot to be informed when a flight plan is filed, so I would have to make vPilot constantly query the data server to see if there is a flight plan, like every 15 seconds or whatever. I don’t think that’s really necessary, since I don’t think this is a real problem that a lot of people are constantly running into. By that I mean, the vast majority of the time, when you file, it works, and there’s no question as to whether or not your plan is filed.

For now, your best bet is to connect to the network, open the flight plan window in vPilot, and click the button to fetch the flight plan from the server. That’s the best way to check if your plan was successfully filed.

That’s a reasonable conclusion. Don’t wanna create extra network traffic without much benefit. Didn’t realize the fetch button - great tip!