Applications are now being accepted for the position of VATSUR Division Director.
The Division Director is responsible for online activity growth, ATC provisioning, and ATC training within their Division. The duties listed below are intended for further delegation, in part, but ultimate responsibility lies with the Division Director. A Division Director is expected to be able to commit to at least 2 years in the role and should take this into consideration before applying.
REPORTS TO: VATSIM Vice President - Americas, VATGOV3
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Management of the VATUSA Division, including but not limited to, the following duties:
- Providing strong leadership, direction and vision to Division staff
- Monitoring, reviewing, and enhancing all existing Division programs, including training and membership
- Inviting applications and appointing qualified personnel to fill vacant staff positions
- Maintaining and improving the infrastructure of the Division, including the website and social media
- Regularly reviewing ATC progression and ensuring that upgrade recommendations for qualified candidates are acted on promptly
- Ensuring that an online presence of ATC is maintained which encourages maximum coverage
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with Virtual Airlines
- Ensuring that events are arranged regularly, both within the Division and in cooperation with adjacent Divisions and Regions
- Compiling quarterly reports to the VP - Americas Region and attending regional meetings as scheduled
- Other tasks and projects assigned by the VP - Americas Region
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: The successful applicant will meet the following minimum standards:
- Have leadership experience within VATUSUR with at least 24 continuous months during the last 36 months
- Possess a familiarity with ATC operations and regulations
- Possess a familiarity with pilot operations and programs
- Minimum of C1 rating, and be in good standing within the VATSIM Network
- No major suspensions or suspension involving questionable morals or integrity
- A commitment to maintain a strong online presence throughout their appointment and to abide by VATSUR divisional controller currency requirements
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally through various mediums to people of different experience levels and cultures
- Have an excellent knowledge of the VATSIM Code of Conduct, Code of Regulations, Global Ratings Policy, and Transfer and Visiting Controller Policy.
- Excellent problem solving skills
Please email your CV including relevant real-world experience, elements of your VATSIM history, including any staff positions and cover letter to m.manigault[at]vatsim.net.
Applications will be accepted until 2359Z on Friday April 28, 2023. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.