VATSIM Hong Kong VACC is seeking applications for the position of Deputy Director, Facilities (ACCHKG5A).
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Closely collaborate with Manager (Training) to update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in accordance to the Hong Kong AIP and Macau AIP.
- Maintain effective communication will the Director of Hong Kong VACC and other staff members on the most recent procedure updates
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as the latest Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) becomes available. In addition, provide proposals to update Letters of Agreement (LOA) with neighbouring facilities according to the latest AIP updates.
- Manage and coordinate usage of frequencies, callsigns, squawk range with neighbouring vACCs and divisions
- Be a member of the VATSIM network for no less than 12 months at the time of application
- Have a clean VATSIM record for no less than 12 months at the time of application
- Hold a VATSIM controller rating of C1 or higher
- Fulfill the requirements listed within the Hong Kong VACC Facility General Policy (HKVACC-P001)
- Have thorough knowledge of VATSIM policies and local policies of VATSEA and Hong Kong VACC
- Have a basic understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Have a basic understanding of the operation of the Moodle platform
- Have highly proficient English oral and written communication skills as English is the working language of Hong Kong VACC
- Have instructional experience related to aviation on VATSIM and/or in the real world
- Be able to dedicate an average of 30 minutes per day to this position
The ideal candidate should:
- Have proficient written and spoken communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese) and English.
Applications are to be sent via e-mail to Jaik Patidar, Director of Hong Kong VACC, at firstname.lastname@example.org ,. This position is open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on 12th June 2023 at the earliest. This position is not guaranteed to be filled.
As part of their application, applicants are asked to provide a VATSIM related C.V., a brief resume describing their interest in VATSIM Hong Kong VACC management work and what may set them apart from other applicants, as well as a letter of recommendation from a VATSIM staff member of the applicant’s VACC/ARTCC/FIR, division or region if the applicant is not a local controller of Hong Kong VACC. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
After an initial scanning of the applications, suitable candidates will be contacted for a comprehensive interview.
Thank you for your interest!