Piarco Air Traffic Manager (ATM)
The ATM is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the FIR. The ATM will coordinate the development and rollout of any FIR projects. The ATM will be expected to maintain an online presence on the VATCAR Discord and the VATSIM Network. The ATM will report to the Caribbean Deputy Division Director. Duties and responsibilities are NOT limited to the items listed above or below. Any candidate interested in applying for this position should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
- Minimum of Controller 1 (C1) Rating
- Minimum 1 year of active experience on the VATSIM Network
- Familiar with ICAO and OCEANIC procedures
- Previous staff experience preferred
- Candidate upon offer of the position will be required to transfer to the VATCAR Division if not already a VATCAR controller
- The ATM position requires a sometimes significant time commitment each month
- Responsible for all operations associated with the FIR
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of the FIR.
- Reports to the Caribbean Deputy Division Director.
- Administration of the FIR Roster.
- Assists in the development and execution of FIR projects.
- Maintains an online presence on the VATSIM server.
- Attends periodic meetings to report on FIR activities and to stay abreast of VATCAR & VATSIM issues and policies.
- Assists in the coordination of event position assignments and position restrictions when necessary.
- Provides guidance and assistance to controllers and pilots.
- Conducts testing and training as defined, and in accordance with, the VATCAR Training SOP.
How to Apply?
- Email a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. (Note, resume may be limited to VATSIM experience. Although no real-world experience is necessary, it is preferred.)
- Application Opened On: 1 November 2023
- Application Closed On: TBD