Latest status of GCAP

Hello friends,

Haven’t heard anything about the progress of GCAP recently, the latest I saw was that it was going back for consultation, but that was in 2021.

What’s the latest?

A

The GCAP process has continued behind the scenes, and Regions/Divisions/Subdivisions submitted their feedback on the final draft earlier this month. Since the BoG told us this is the final draft, I suspect the next we hear about GCAP is when it is released.

So they have decided that public discourse gets them too much pushback? :rofl:

1 Like

It has now been released and commenced on 01 March 2024.

As a C1 does this now mean that I cannot control anything other than unrestricted until I get a Tier assignment? According to the table promulgated, I’ve just been restricted without being advised.

1 Like

If you held an endorsement for any Major positions at your Home (sub)division (FIR/ARTCC/VACC) they should have automatically been turned into the matching Tier 1 or Tier 2 endorsement under GCAP. I would recommend you contact your local staff about the exact details, but I expect nothing changes for you in that regard. GCAP is all about removing unnecessary restrictions, not adding them.

1 Like

@870618 Which restriction exactly are you referring to?

Tier 1 and Tier 2.

That will depend on your division, however, as Jannes said, they should be automatically changed to Tier 1 or Tier 2 endorsements. For example, in VATPAC we previously had a procedural tower endorsement, this was automatically changed to Tier 2 and everyone retained it, and we added a Tier 1 Endorsement for Sydney TCU, which everyone currently with an S3+ received automatically.