EuroScope v3.2.8

Can confirm this issue. Also the performance is still significantly lower than in 3.2a(r34), which currently remains my operationally used release. Especially considering the dense traffic in Switzerland, for sessions 1h+ none of the new releases reaches at least the same performance as r34.

I fixed the active RWY for the next release.

1 Like

Using your Sentry LOG I found a missing Mutex lock in my code. TopSky might cause the problem only the way that it triggered an update.

Jonas,

How do you feel the performance issue? What actions are significantly slower than before?

I will need to pay close attention again to any detail. But definitely the lists from the tags get laggy when there is a lot of traffic. I also have the impression that this stays stronger even after traffic has disappeared, compared to earlier versions. But this is really difficult to judge. I can try to reproduce it by using logs. But I’m also not sure if the effect is the same (live vs. running log).

Should this drop down show the list of ATIS positions from the VoiceChannels.txt? It’s empty for me. However the voice communication setup lists shows the ATIS entries.

Gergely,

Since you are doing modifications to the drawing and optimizing performance, could you consider adding an auxiliary window, for sure present in the majority of ATM systems around Europe?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by “auxilliary window”, but you can open a second ES instance, choose “To Vastim via Proxy” in the connection dialog and go from there.

I know you can do that, but resizing is very limited.
I meant something like this:

It gets the ATIS positions defined in the ESE file.

It is in my TODO list with a higher priority.

2 Likes

Ok. That’s not working here. However I can enter an ATIS station manually and then the frequency is changed accordingly. But the list remains empty.

I find the new combined frequency chat a little annoying:

Because I’m tower (120.180) and I had to cross couple onto ground frequency (121.955), this is how my chat label turned out…

The frequency setup in this case is:

• EDDV_TWR: 120.180
  • EDDI_GND: 121.950
  • EDDV_GND: 121.955
  • ETNL_A_GND: 121.955

First of all, 121.955 should not activate text chat for 121.950 frequencies at all.

Second, I’d love to see a solution to prevent such huge chat labels. I’d suggest:
a) If there are multiple stations with the same frequency active, only show the respective frequency once
b) simply label the chat tab “on frequency” or something like that
c) a mix of the two, where up to ~3 frequencies will be shown, but once a fourth one gets activated, it gets shortened to “on frequency”

Just my thoughts…

Edit: idk how the AfV API works, but maybe it would be a good idea to use the station name set in AfV instead of the frequency to determine which frequency chats to activate

why not? if you have it cross couple, on voice, you are transmitting and receiving all of them, both you and the pilots. So text follows the exact same logic.

You’re correct, but in the case I outlined, I only had an XC for 121.955, NOT 121.950…

I wasn’t able to check if I could hear anyone, since that station is well outside my range, butbased on the frequencies alone, I wouldn’t expect to hear anyone who’s talking on 121.950

Well, the text chat is not about whether you can hear someone. It’s just what you have selected.
What was the status of 121.950? TX, RX?

Nothing…

Again, I’ll clarify my AfV setup:
120.180 EDDV_TWR RX,TX - my primary freq
121.955 EDDV_GND RX,TX - Ground freq

there was no 121.950 at all, ES just treated 121.955 and 121.950 as the same freq

I think what Jonas means is that it matters what you have selected in the voice communication setup in EuroScope. If you set a frequency to RCV TXT or XMT TXT in there, you might end up typing on a frequency that is not at all present in AfV (becomes especially noticeable when you switch your primary or had previously XCed another frequency with the previous/other frequency now being staffed by another controller - they will definitely wonder why you are giving text instructions on their frequency :sweat_smile:)

No, I was actually asking for the AfV config. But the situation as I understand it currently is that ES will not properly differentiate between 8.33kHz and 25kHz frequencies, and group anything together that is within the 25kHz band. That’s definitely more than it should be.

After using an ATIS for the first time, and after restarting the entire setup, I got a list displayed in the next session. So this might be an issue when transfering from a previous version with those settings. Or when no URL is provided yet. To be checked that the list of ATIS stations is provided anyway.