Euroscope - Select item from popup list and set it as selected

Hi together,

can anybody point me to where to look if I want to be able to select an item from a popup list and set it as selected and to work further with it?
I managed to fill a popup with information / items and I now want to show the selection in the list. Furthermore when clicking on one of the items I want to use its name / string to process it further down the line.

Something similar to the default ES SID list e.g. When I select a SID in the list the selection is shown in the list (e.g. departure list) and it is written into the flightplan (= processed further).
I couldn’t find any function in the header file to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

When adding items to the popup list with AddPopupListElement one of the parameters you pass in is FunctionId. When the item is clicked/selected that FunctionId is passed into OnFunctionCall where you can then react to it/process it further. The string that was clicked is also passed into OnFunctionCall as sItemString.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the hint. I’m actually using OnFunctionCall to dynamically fill in the PopupList, but it didn’t come to my mind to use sItemString.

A followup question: To write the actual selected entry back into the ES list I would have to use OnGetTagItem right?

Cheers

Correct. You can have OnFunctionCall update the flight strip annotations or flight plan and then process/look for those changes in your OnGetTagItem function - that is how the ES SID list you mentioned above works (it adds SID/RWY to the FPL and then the TagItem checks for that entry).

1 Like

Awesome thank you :slight_smile: I’ll try that.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.