Euroscope Plugin - CRadarTarget.GetCorrelatedFlightPlan().GetExtractedRoute() SID/STAR and Rwys

Hi all,

A question about the content of the GetExtractedRoute() - when in the life of the FlightPlan are SID, D-RWY, STAR, A-RWY added to the GetExtractedRoute() - if ever?

Thanks in advance.

/Stephen

When the controller selects/confirms the SID or STAR und thus modifies the flight plan.

If the route in the FP starts at the end of a SID and/or ends at the start of a STAR and the associated RWY is active, then ES adds the SID/STAR points immediately.
And of course as Jonas mentioned if a controller specifies the SID/STAR then it is inserted to the FP directly and ES reruns the route point extract.

1 Like

Trying to rephrase, and please @904331 correct me if I’m telling b *h *t.
The get extracted route represents the route you will also see when using the route prediction function of ES, which includes the assigned SID/STAR or the “assumed/proposed” SID/STAR, which is basically the first entry in the ESE file where the runway correspond to the one you selected and the a match between the first/last (or any?) waypoint of a procedure and the flight plan route of a pilot is found.

2 Likes

Gergely,
There seem to be an issue with aircraft having passed a waypoint and the route not being updated. This is a case where I was controlling upper EKDK ACC airspace while the aircraft is transitioning from Lower ACC to CH TMA.

As can be seen it affects the DistanceToGo estimates and places the aircraft at a wrong point in the Arrival sequence. Its even worse with SAS64C that is way in front of DLH2GY.

The issue causes incorrect calculations and sequencing in Arrival managers like AMAN here or the MAESTRO plug-in. All the 3 appear to Upper ACC still to be Direct MONAK, but I expect this is because directs are not pushed/broadcast to positions upstream.

@904331 Gergely,
I have now compared the logfiles between EKDK_A_CTR (upper) and EKCH_O_APP. The third party involved is EKDK_I_CTR.
I note that the following coordination decision is not propagated to surrounding ATC and this is the cause of the incorrect routings seen by _A_CTR.
[17:23:27 <<<2 EKCH_O_APP] $CQEKCH_O_APP:EKDK_I_CTR:COPX:EWG32T:ADOVI:9000
[17:23:50 >>>> EKCH_O_APP] $CREKDK_I_CTR:EKCH_O_APP:COPXOK:EWG32T:ADOVI:9000

This is contrary to the following which is broadcast.
[17:11:34 >>>> EKCH_O_APP] $CQEDWW_M_CTR:@94835:SC:EWG32T:MONAK
[17:11:20 >>>> EKDK_A_CTR] $CQEDWW_M_CTR:@94835:SC:EWG32T:MONAK

If this type of coordination can also be broadcast I would expect most of the AMAN/MAESTRO issues we are seing would be resolved.

/Stephen

Thank you. That helps me a lot.

1 Like