ES 3.2.3 send text on freq other than primary

Hello, for reference image
I am unable to send text directly on the chat of any of the freq apart from the one set as Prim. When I write on that, it sends on all 3 of the selected though, but why am I unable to sent the text directly on the other ones?

Hi @904331 a small knock on this, any possible feedback?

Assuming you’re using AndyTWF/afv-euroscope-bridge: Provides a bridge between the Audio for Vatsim standalone client and EuroScope 3.2 (github.com)

?

that is correct, and normal?

Why should you be able to send text on another designated frequency other than on your primary one? This would make disturbance very easy.

on this specific case, 3 completely different freqs are being used
One for Oceanic Delivery
One for Oceanic Control
One for Radar Control

the same way I use voice for each, I’d rather be able to sent text on the frequency that I’m intending to address

Yes, there is no way to send frequency messages per frequency. You can only send to all at once.
When I use the PTT button on AudioForVatsim it also transmits your voice to all frequencies. So the current behavior might be closer to that.

I think what Raul is referring to is that you can currently only send messages on your primary frequency. If you send it on any other frequency, the message will just disappear.

To give you an example: my primary frequency might be 120.805, but I’m crosscoupling 136.130. If there is a text/receive pilot on 136.130, their messages only appear in the chat for 136.130, so when they write something, I have to open the 136.130 chat to read what they said, but I have to go back to 120.805 to answer because it will simply not be “transmitted” if I type it in the 136.130 chat. (In Raul’s specific case, frequencies are not crosscoupled, if I understand it correctly, but the point should remain the same regardless.)

It’d be nice if we could either read all incoming messages from all frequencies in all chats (or at least the one for the primary frequency) so that we don’t have to switch away from the primary frequency chat to read the ones sent on other frequencies, or if outgoing messages could be sent to all frequencies regardless of which frequency’s chat it has been written in. Preferably both, of course.

I see. That makes sense. I think it is a good idea to combine all incoming messages to a single TAB in this case. I will see.
On the other hand at least half of the issue has solution. You may use the “Primary frequency send key” to send messages to frequencies. Using that button does not require you to go back to the primary frequency TAB. Actually it will move you to that TAB automatically, so it is just a half way solution.