Are you passionate about developing sector files and learning airspace structures? If so, this position is perfect for you! Join us as we shape the vision for VATSIM Saudi Arabia Operation’s!
VATSIM Saudi Arabia is now seeking candidates for the following position:
Saudi Arabian vACC Director of Operations Department – ACCSA32
The role of the Saudi Arabian vACC Operations Director entails overseeing the operations department and ensuring the maintenance of the sector files.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and developing sector files of the vACC.
- Ensuring the accurate filing and regular revisions of relevant documents, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Letters of Agreement (LOAs), and other operational materials within the vACC; in liaison with the ATS Director.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of real-world air traffic control local procedures and staying up-to-date with the latest changes in the procedures.
- Implementing any necessary changes or improvements within the vACC to align with real-world practices, in coordination with the ATS Director.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date frequencies and squawk codes are maintained within the vACC as per the eAIP.
- Performing tasks assigned by the vACC Director or ATS Director, ensuring timely completion and effective communication.
- Coordinating with neighboring vACCs to ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Letters of Agreement (LOAs) are up to date and facilitating smooth coordination between the vACC’s controllers.
- Working closely with the Events Director to roster appropriate controllers for positions during events. Ensuring all necessary resources, such as custom sector files and briefing documents, are available for events.
- Maintaining an active and engaging online presence within the vACC, including forums, social media platforms, and other communication channels. Interacting with vACC members and controllers, answering queries, and providing support as needed.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Experienced in AeroNav GNG.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of subdivisional, divisional and VATSIM Policies.
- Good knowledge of local ATC procedures.
- Interest in becoming a mentor or instructor is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English.
- Active and in good standing with VATSIM.
- Hold a minimum rating of Student 3 (S3) for at least 6 months.
- Good knowledge of the local airspace structure and classes.
- Membership in VATSIM Middle East and North Africa Division & Saudi Arabia vACC, or willing to transfer if selected.
- Availability to dedicate a minimum of 5-7 hours per week towards devloping sector files and other tasks.
- Able to commit to the position for a minimum of 1 year.
Reports Directly To:
- Director - Saudi Arabia vACC [ACCSA1]
- Divisional Operations Director- VATSIM Middle East and North Africa Division [VATMENA32]
To apply for the position, please provide the following information:
- Name, VATSIM CID, vACC/Division/ARTCC, and Email Address.
- VATSIM CV outlining your past and current experience, including any staff roles, relevant skills, and real-world attributes that may contribute to the position.
- Letter of intent detailing your motivation to become the future vACC Operations Director. Include your plans for the department, any innovative ideas or suggestions to enhance the vACC’s sector files and operational documents.
Please submit your application, including the above information and documents, to email@example.com no later than 15th of October, 2023; 2359z.
Applications either received after the submission date or applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Candidates will also be contacted for an interview during the selection process.