About the .ese file

Hello, I am Juan Manuel Nitz Galán, from the Bolivian division of VATSIM.

I am working on the sectorfile, and I have some questions to solve, mostly intuitive.
The .ese file has several sections, that luckily together with the VATSIM Bolivia team we could understand and we are working on them, step by step, because it is a sector that unfortunately never had attention and literally had to write the .ese file from scratch, practically.

I will explain and then I will ask you the question I have.
The [FREETEXT]; [SIDSSTARS] and [POSITIONS] sections, fortunately, we have them very clear and we are working on them as they should be, in terms of syntax.
My doubt comes regarding the [AIRSPACE] section, I know how to define the OWNERS subsection and I understand it, but before or above it is written the SECTORLINE subsection, and here comes my doubt.
We have defined by coordinates in the .sct the different ATZ’s and TMA’s of the FIR of La Paz (the only FIR in Bolivia), should I, basically, pass these coordinates to this subsection?; moreover, could someone explain me with examples (if they are of South American FIR’s, better, so I can interpret them much better…) how is the way to write this subsection?

Finally, I leave you the way I have written a certain part of the subsection of OWNER in case it is useful to explain me from what I have written so I can start from an example with the own sector that I am drawing together with the work team.

[AIRSPACE]
SECTOR:SLVR_GND:0:6000
OWNER:VVG
BORDER:SLVRGND
DEPAPT:SLVR
ARRAPT:SLVR

SECTOR:SLLP_GND:0:19000
OWNER:LPG
BORDER:SLLPGND
DEPAPT:SLLP
ARRAPT:SLLP

SECTOR:SLCB_GND:0:19000
OWNER:CBG
BORDER:SLCBGND
DEPAPT:SLCB
ARRAPT:SLCB

SECTOR:SLVR_TWR:0:6000
OWNER:VVT
BORDER:SLVRTWR
DEPAPT:SLVR
ARRAPT:SLVR

SECTOR:SLLP_TWR:0:19000
OWNER:LPT
BORDER:SLLPTWR
DEPAPT:SLLP
ARRAPT:SLLP

SECTOR:SLCB_TWR:0:19000
OWNER:CBT
BORDER:SLCBTWR

SECTOR:SLVR_APP:0:25000
OWNER:VVA
BORDER:SLVRAPP
DEPAPT:SLVR:SLET:SLVG:SLPR
ARRAPT:SLVR:SLET:SLVG:SLPR

SECTOR:SLLP_APP:0:25000
OWNER:LPA
BORDER:SLLPAPP
DEPAPT:SLLP:SLCC
ARRAPT:SLLP:SLCC

SECTOR:SLCB_APP:0:25000
OWNER:CBA
BORDER:SLCBAPP

Of course, many, many, many thanks to those who took the trouble to read me and I will be more than grateful if someone with the relevant knowledge can help me. Best regards to all of you!

The border of your sector should be composed of sectorlines. Sectorlines are the smallest common borders between sectors, which can be set to be displayed depending on online controllers. Usually a border consists of several sectorlines.
See also the Airspace section documenation of EuroScope: ESE Files Description – EuroScope.
I’m managing sector files with GNG · AeroNav Association (aero-nav.com) for a few years now, which takes the majority of such work into automation. So you won’t really need to care about individual sectorlines and their corresponding link to a sector. I can highly recommend it.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.
The EuroScope documentation, related to the .ese file I have almost almost studied, I mean, I know the link you provided. But the aero-nav.com link you provided is very useful for me.
One last question, do I have to ask my Division Chief to register me on aero-nav.com? Is it true?

Thank you very much and have a great day and a better week.

I’m not aware of a requirement regarding permission from the Division Chief.

1 Like

Ohh, OK. Thank you very much for your reply!
One last, and I promise it will be the last question xD
In aero-nav.com exactly which sections of the .sct or .ese works automatically?
Thank you very much, and sorry for the insistence. Really, I’m too grateful to you!

Hi Juan,

La Paz is actually listed as already being a part of GNG, and the sectors are already there for SLLF (don’t know how recent, they’re not available to the public right now).
Daniel Garcia is listed as the contact on GNG, might want to give him a poke :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Marcelo!

Yes, he’s give me a hand with that and now I can work nicely with the sector. Thanks for the response and have a good week!

2 Likes