A310 - MS2020 - Equipment Code?

Hello everyone!

Not new to VATSIM, but new to the Airbus A310 in MS2020. I’ve flown 65 hours in it offline, to get my brain accustomed to flying an Airbus :joy:

I’m wondering what would be the appropriate equipment code for this aircraft? I’m thinking A310/L.

The A310 can do ILS approaches, RNAV approaches, and RNAV DP/STARs. It has an FMS with RNAV waypoints in the database, can do a profile descent, and autoland.

I even work in the aviation industry, and these equipment suffixes always confuse me with how they are worded.

I appreciate your time!
Colin

I agree that equipment codes can be a hassle, but a good starting point are usually the SimBrief airframe profiles (presets exist for most of the common types). It gives the following equipment/capability for the A310:
Item 10a: SDFGHIM1RTUWXYZ
Item 10b: LB1
Item 18 (PBN): A1B1C1D1L1O1S2
For the world of VATSIM, that would probably already be good enough, but if you want to double check if it makes sense for the A310 in MSFS specifically, the FAA has a good cheatsheet for the ICAO equipment codes which you can use to compare the equipment/capabilities SimBrief’s preset uses to the aircraft you fly and remove or add codes if you feel something is missing from your aircraft or the codes - or, if you really want, you can of course also build the equipment code from scratch (but that’s relatively hard to do in the sim in my opinion because you may often have to guesstimate stuff and might not be able to just use real world documentation for the instruments as some functionalities may not be available in the sim or the developers may have introduced some unrealistic functionalities to make the aircraft easier to use).

1 Like

This is a good reference as well

Wonderful, thank you both!

Colin

I use Login | EDI-GLA Real World Flightplan Database | Since 2005 for that matter.

I’ve searched for “A310” here: Login | EDI-GLA Real World Flightplan Database | Since 2005

And if you pick the first flight (THY6325 LOWL-LTBJ): Login | EDI-GLA Real World Flightplan Database | Since 2005

Equipment: SDFGHIRWXYZ/LB1
Remarks PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S2 DAT/CPDLCX SUR/260B DOF/231123 REG/TCLER EET/LHCC0017 LYBA0033 LBSR0059 LTBB0128 SEL/BEGM OPR/KZU RALT/LOWL LTFM RVR/200 RMK/ULS DSP CTC XXXXXXXXXX ISTDKXH CARGO FLIGHT