Noob - ATC told me to "Direct to VELAG, it' in your flight plan" - it was not so what to do?

Harry

Many thanks for the feedback. This little incident has taught me a lot, especially to inspect the route in more detail, to be ready for anything and have charts available during the flight. I will look out for a first wings event to gain more confidence.

Question: When arriving on a star, I believe in the real world, the pilot would be vectored to the ILS. In VATSIM, if there is no controller in the destination airport, presumably the pilot has to plan for that last section?

Peter

The UK is quite behind when it comes to RNAV transitions from the end of the STAR to the IAF! But most have conventional initial approach procedures that will be selectable as ‘Via’ procedures in your FMC.

For example, EGNX 27 is charted here via PIGOT: https://chartfox.org/EGNX#EGNX_73890

Thanks Harry

You’re a STAR (Ooops)

Peter

I have also experienced that some controllers will simply just “disregard” the entire STAR and just clear you to a point at the end or near the end of the STAR and then vector you from there.